Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Cherished Point in Time



My heart has been full today, as I spent time with my family. Mother's Day is a wonderful time for me to reflect on how blessed I am. And it led to poetry! So here is my little attempt at a Mother's Day poem:

A Cherished Point in Time

Laughter and chatter of the day
now quiet, still and innocent
Breathing in the scent
of sun kissed skin
The last smile of the day lingers 
on a sweet mouth
and the corners of closed eyes.
I grasp at the moment,
and feel cheated that it is fleeting,
Knowing the more that I try
to hold it hostage the quicker 
it slips away.
Clutching is fruitless,
as desperate as I might be.
I surrender, 
knowing that to keep it
I must relish it,
Breathe it deeper,
let it seep into my pores,
my heart, 
into my very soul.

By Jenna Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment